- This event has passed.
Five Point Star
February 12 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
An event every month that begins at 9:00am on day Second of the month, repeating indefinitely
Have you ever wondered how to make stain glass? Come learn how in this beginner level class! We will teach a copper foil technique that gives timely rewards and provides exposure to some of the various techniques and procedures necessary for making most copper foil stained glass projects.
Participants will learn to:
- Choose the glass (color, texture, transparency)
- Make the glass using template
- Cut the glass (including proper breaking technique using breaking pliers)
- Grind the edges
- Choose the proper foil (size, backing, decorative)
- Use proper foiling techniques for the pieces of the star
- Tin the foiled pieces (using flux, solder, soldering iron)
- Assemble the foiled pieces & attach the hanger
- Clean and polish the assembled piece
At the end of this class, you will have made a beautiful five point star to take home.
You can register for this class at: http://weblink.donorperfect.com/StainedGlass