Tomeka Hall Cheatham, Chief Financial Officer and Director of Membership
Tomeka began working for the Craftsmen’s Guild, March 1996, originally as an administrative assistant. She has advanced to the Chief Financial Officer and Director of Membership. Her position includes office management, maintenance of financial accounts, payroll, and management of a database of 14,000+ records, bookkeeping, payroll, assisting with festivals, daily operations, and handling of all day-to-day accounting. She trains staff on the Inventory Point of Sale Enhanced System, among other duties.
Tomeka received her Bachelor’s in Business Administration and Masters’ of Science and Management in Business from Belhaven University.
Sheri Cox, Director of Operations
Sheri Cox is responsible for organizing all the events held at the MS Craft Center. From weddings and wedding receptions to family reunions, corporate retreats and group visits, she handles all scheduling details at the Craft Center. As education coordinator, Sheri plans all school field trips and coordinates all classes at the Craft Center. She also provides descriptions and pricing for classes, and works with instructors to plan curriculum.
Prior to coming to the MS Craft Center, she was on staff at St. James’ Episcopal Church where she was the Coordinator of New Member Ministry and was the Wedding Coordinator. For 19 years, she was with Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Co. and coordinated all training for new staff members. She conducted many training sessions, not only in the Jackson office, but at the Home Office of Northwestern Mutual in Milwaukee, WI. She presented many seminars and training sessions at Northwestern Mutual’s Annual Meeting and Southern Regional Meetings.
Patricia Wynn, Gallery Associate
Patricia Wynn was raised in Mississippi and currently lives in Brandon. She is married to Lyle Wynn, who is one of the guild’s fine craftsmen (blacksmith), and Vice President of the guild’s board. Patricia has grown to to love the Craft Center due to her constant involvement in its activities including events, field trips, and classes.
In 2015, she joined her husband in the Guild, and together, they formed Wynn Studios, combining copper and steel into her jewelry. She also joined the Gallery staff in April of the same year after many years of involvement with the Guild and the Craft Center.
The Craftsmen’s Guild of Mississippi, located in the Mississippi Craft Center in Ridgeland, is seeking several interns to help us with a wide range of projects and activities. These are unpaid academic or volunteer positions. If interested, please submit your resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Assist with marketing classes, camp, festivals and other special events and fundraisers
- Help maintain/update website and social media content
- Create videos/digital media presentations
- Design graphics for events
- Assist Retail Manager with the planning and implementation of sales and customer service strategies for the Guild’s retail galleries in Ridgeland and Pearl
- Help with development and coordination of sales promotions both in-store and on social media
- Photograph and update items on e-gallery
- Assist in creating exhibits and displays
- Help with merchandise restocking
- Follow up with preferred customer list
- Conduct market research on various merchandising topics that affects sales
Information Technology Interns
(May be an opportunity for a senior or graduate level thesis project)
- Develop improved databases and systems
- Investigate and propose technological solutions to improve efficiency in sales, commission payments, registries, other.
- Provide technical assistance and trouble shooting for website